Word Word Envelopes - Printing blanks

Reaction score
I am using Word 2003 and created envelopes using mail merge. I have done this before with no problems, but now they just print blank - I have tried 2 different printers and have tried printing on blank paper also. The text is not hidden, it is black. Any ideas?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
This is no fun. You took away the chance at all the good puns. :lol:

Have you tried to print the envelope on a standard piece of paper to see where it prints the desired data? Perhaps it is an orientation thing.

Reaction score
Yes, I did try printing on plain paper - in 2 different printers. Still blank. I suspect my problem is getting worse. Now I cannot print in Word at all - I did use a pdf printer device and created a pdf document but it also won't print. Jeez. In Word, I got a question about saving my template when I shut down, so maybe that has something to do with my problem. Maybe I should just breakdown and get a newer version of Word...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Sounds to me like there's a setting somewhere in preferences that should not be.

If you can't find the problem perhaps uninstall Word/delete relevant folders in Program Files etc/reinstall Word may cure the problem.

Word 2003 should still work perfectly well and imo has a better interface than the 2007 version.

Ask a Question