Word Word 2007 Very slow

Reaction score
First Time user here so be nice.

I found this thread on here https://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-3809731.php but there was no solution so i though i'd try again.

I have a user using Word 2007 and it runs really bad. She can open a Document and then open a blank document but when she trys to Alt and Tab between the two Docs it just hangs and eventually flick back the the document she started on and not the one she tried to tab to. She is running with 2gb of RAM on a Dell Latitiude D531 and we have 10's of these laptop all built the same with no similar problem. i have tried diabling Add-Ins and that doesn't solve it. my next step is to remove Office and re-install but as in the thread above all other Office apps work fine so i doubt that will help.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Quinny1st :D

Addins is the first thing I would have tried too, but as you have already done that it may be worth trying the diagnostics to see if there are any problems dectected. Click the Orb > Word Options > Resources > Run Office Diagnostics.

Reaction score
Thanks Ian. I will try that tomorrow. missed that one. Its a good job i don't work in I.T. isn't it

Reaction score
In fact, I don't like Microsoft Office 2007, you know, we have been using MS Office 2003 for such a long time. Why change so much!

Ask a Question