Word 2000 styles

blank

I have developed a style by modifying normal.dot. However, when a document
is loaded it keeps the style it had instead of the one I want. How do I
permanently change the style of a given document to MY normal.dot?

Stefan Blom

When you add a style to a template, that style becomes available for new
documents based on the template.

For existing documents you will have to manually add the style. You can copy
it from the template using the Organizer dialog box (in Format | Style,
click the Organizer button).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

blank

blank said:
I have developed a style by modifying normal.dot. However, when a document
is loaded it keeps the style it had instead of the one I want. How do I
permanently change the style of a given document to MY normal.dot?
Also, I have set a bullet style but now every new document starts with a
bullet!

Stefan Blom

Open the Normal template for editing and apply a non-numbered style to the
blank paragraph. If you have applied bullet formatting to the Normal style
in error, modify the style. When you are done, save and close the Normal
template.

To open Normal for editing: From within Word, press Alt+F11 to display the
Visual Basic Editor. Press Ctrl+G to activate the Immediate window. Type

NormalTemplate.OpenAsDocument

and press Enter. The template displays in a separate window (and you should
now close the Visual Basic Editor). Make the changes that you want.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP