Won a lottery - AGAIN

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Lucky me. Just been informed that I have won £1m from the Yahoo Lottery. :) I've won several other lotteries. ;)

My name is not on the notification, I have to fill that in myself along with passport details, address etc. and send them to Cape Town but, surprisingly, no bank account details are asked for yet. How will they get the money into my account I ask myself.

It does look a reasonable copy of something that would come from Yahoo but there is one example of a lower case initial letter where it should be upper case.

I feel like filling in false details to give them something to occupy themselves for an hour or two but probably better not to reply at all.:D

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
=Bit of topic but I have won the lottery three times this year. Only three numbers each so that is a healthy £75 I'm up. Won on the Wednesday and the Saturday one week. I nearly fainted with the shock when I checked me numbers that week.
stretcher.gif

Reaction score
Niv, my Aunt Agnes in the Uganda died last month and left me $40 Million.:eek:
Due to taxes & legal costs i would get $27 Million and only had to send them $500.
This was to cover the legal stuff.:rolleyes:

Now my Dad did go to Uganda in the 1980's on business but never mentioned Agnes.
And the spelling was not hot.

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
Seems we are all in luck. I just had an e-mail to inform me a long lost uncle in Nigeria had passed away and I stand to inherit £55 million.. I just have to prove address details, passport details and bank details to confirm I am actually his nephew.

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
:lol::lol::lol:

Digging through my junk-mail folder, I find that I'm popular too:

"Delivery Report ID:12345-67890" purporting to be from Amazon Marketplace" Yeah right... wrong email address.

Also, "HMRC Tax Return from HMRC Revenue&Customs" It is telling me that I've been over-paying tax for years ...er, fail! The Revenue doesn't use emails to reimburse people, or to demand their details, etc.

And what about: "Traffic accident with your car" (these from a mixture of "people" including Sal Osborn, Emil Blount, Beryl Bautista, et-al. All say much the same thing:

"What a pleasant suprise!

You have damaged my car. Look at pictures in the attached archive and answer me as soon as possible."

Or:

"Good morning!

You hurt my car on the road. Look at these photos in the attached archive and contact me as soon as possible.
Otherwise you'll get legal action.
Otherwise you'll get court claim."

And:

"How do you do?

You have hurt my car. Look at pictures in the attached ZIP-archive and call me back as soon as possible.
Differently you'll get court claim. "

Oooh... shivering in my shoes :lol: But I wonder how many folk might actually take the bait?

Last edited:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
"...you hurt my car ..."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

not seen any of them :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I had a new one the other day 'Update from complaint reference number 6758952 registered at Companies House 15th February 2014'. Very clever, very official and genuine looking. The attachment was an *.exe file. Not zipped, in this instance, which was unusual.

Sometimes, just sometimes, I have doubt. But it doesn't last long.

As for the Lottery, I very occasionally buy a ticket. I've bought three so far this year and had one win. That makes me £19 up on the deal by my reckoning. I bought a half bottle of Courvoisier and a couple of pasta sauces. Lucky me.

I know we don't win in the long run but I must admit the occasional lottery ticket - we pay for a licence to daydream ;)

Ask a Question