WMP black and white

maeve

Hi, I have burned a DVD but when I play it on WMP, it is in black and
white.
I can get colour if I play it on Real or Power dvd. Do I have to change my
settings as I have WMP as my default player?
I asked this question on another forum but got no answer. Thanks

Qi Ding [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for using newsgroup!

From your post, my understanding on this issue is: your WMP only display
black and white while playing DVD.

Based on your situation, I want to give you some suggestions. If the issue
caused by WMP setting please perform the following steps.

Suggestion 1: change the setting of WMP.
======================================
1. Start WMP¨¤click view¨¤click increase function.
2. Click color selector, you can see hue and saturation adjustors.
3. Adjust saturation to let the color go to normal.

If the issue still appears after you trying the steps above. I suggest you
check your display card or reinstall your display card drive. Details
bellow could help you to perform.

Suggestion 2: check the display card
=======================================
1. Check the display card to see whether there¡¯s peculiar smell. Sometimes
the display card too hot may cause this problem. If it¡¯s too hot, please
let it stop working for ten minutes.
2. If your display card designed several years ago, the drive may get too
old to go well. Please find the newest drive for this card.
3. After installing display card drive, restart your computer.

Regards,

Qi Ding

Microsoft Online Support

| From: "maeve" <[email protected]>
| Subject: WMP black and white
| Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:25:30 +1100
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Hi, I have burned a DVD but when I play it on WMP, it is in black and
| white.
| I can get colour if I play it on Real or Power dvd. Do I have to change
my
| settings as I have WMP as my default player?
| I asked this question on another forum but got no answer. Thanks

Qi Ding [MSFT]

Hi,

If there is any update, please feel free to let me know and I will do my
best to help you.

Best regards,

QiDing

Microsoft Online Support

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Qi Ding [MSFT])
| Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:56:11 GMT
| Subject: RE: WMP black and white
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Hello,
|
| Thank you for using newsgroup!
|
| From your post, my understanding on this issue is: your WMP only display
| black and white while playing DVD.
|
| Based on your situation, I want to give you some suggestions. If the
issue
| caused by WMP setting please perform the following steps.
|
| Suggestion 1: change the setting of WMP.
| ======================================
| 1. Start WMP¨¤click view¨¤click increase function.
| 2. Click color selector, you can see hue and saturation adjustors.
| 3. Adjust saturation to let the color go to normal.
|
| If the issue still appears after you trying the steps above. I suggest
you
| check your display card or reinstall your display card drive. Details
| bellow could help you to perform.
|
| Suggestion 2: check the display card
| =======================================
| 1. Check the display card to see whether there¡¯s peculiar smell.
Sometimes
| the display card too hot may cause this problem. If it¡¯s too hot, please
| let it stop working for ten minutes.
| 2. If your display card designed several years ago, the drive may get too
| old to go well. Please find the newest drive for this card.
| 3. After installing display card drive, restart your computer.
|
| Regards,
|
| Qi Ding
|
| Microsoft Online Support
| Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
|
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
rights.

| | From: "maeve" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: WMP black and white
| | Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:25:30 +1100