Wireless Problems Help If Can!

Reaction score
Has any one any ideas , I have a Buffalo wmr g54 Adsl modem , It keeps cutting the connection from the modem to the computer It works for a while then cuts out , if any one can help much appriciated. XP operating system SP2 installed, thanks

Reaction score
When you say "cutting the connection from the modem" do you mean the internet connection or just the connection to the modem?

And in either case what do you do to re-establish the connection? reboot the modem?

J

Reaction score
Wireless Probs#2

Basicaly set the Buffalo WMR G54 up put all the internet passwords user Id and it worked fine then after about 10 Mins or so you try to go on the internet and it comes that that page cannot be found , i dont disconect the internet myself so has any one any ideas why it can be doing this ,

If i reboot my computer it will conect back up then it will lose internet connection.

Thank you for any help given as it is doing my head in and it will be going back to the shop purchased if i cant find an answer.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i know its a long shot

but have u upgraded your firmware?!!!
try this

Reaction score
Wireless Tech#3

No ive not updated my firmware , I actualy thort this wireless tech was easy! Its a brand new computer so i hope its got upto date firmware, drivers etc, its an Advent T1.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
BAZAA said:
No ive not updated my firmware , I actualy thort this wireless tech was easy! Its a brand new computer so i hope its got upto date firmware, drivers etc, its an Advent T1.

Nope ... there will be updates, especially for the OS and some hardware. Check out MSs update site. (oops, if you can connect)

:thumb:

Reaction score
a simple one to start, have you checked the "disconnect if idle" option?

Originally Posted by BAZAA

Very nieve attiude. When you buy any hardware device the firmware is rarely the latest, it depends when the device was manufactured. i bought a wireless access point the other week and it was manufactured in 2003. just because it's new it doesn't man its new.

Reaction score
Wireless#4

I do have Norton Internet Security, I have downloaded the latest firmware from the Buffalo Web site , i do always check to see if there are any updates from the MS site , i have resorted to go back to my speedtouch adsl, Thank you for everyones help it is much appriciated

Ask a Question