Wireless networking problems

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to this game!! My PC has Wi-fi, and have recently purchased a wireless modem/router, it connect to my laptop, the lap top recieves signal at 54mps but I am unable to actually connect to the web or mail.?? any ideas gratefully recieved. I have followed all instructions in the manual.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Follow the setup instructions taht came with the router to check all the settings, channel, security etc.
Verify ssid is the same., network names etc.

Then verify that you laptop wifi adapter's settings match.
Initially I suggest you shut off all security until you have a working connection.
Then set up a secure wirless network. Most router mfg's have nice how-to's
written up on their faqs to guide you.

Reaction score
Thnkas mate!! However i cant syncronise my modem now!! any more ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Reaction score
stevexyz said:
Thnkas mate!! However i cant syncronise my modem now!! any more ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

is this a modem/router combo? or seperate modem and router?

if this is adsl, verify the settings in the router are properly set to match the modem. also verify your modem is setup properly. if it is the model whether adsl or cable type, if it isn;t syncing up it can be on the isp's side.

Ask a Question