• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Hello!
Here is the problem: I am computer illiterate. We had a sneaky virus that we couldn't completely rid ourselves of--so I wiped a hard-drive on one of the computers.Then I installed Windows XP. But now I'm completely lost.

2nd problem: I need to connect this wiped computer to the H:drive ---our existing network (?!).

Which then should solve most of my other problems like finding the printer and all that network related stuff.

And for bonus points, what kind of anti-virus stuff would you geniusly techy people suggest?

I'm new to this community because I somehow became my little workplace's IT department-- so ironic. :cry:

Reaction score
To answer this we'll need a bit more info. What kind of system is this? Is it a windows server/domain based network? Does your company have an IT department? Honestly, if your company has an IT department, you should let them know and have them fix it. We would not let a user at our company join a computer they set up to our domain. If you can give a little more info (with no specifics) I can try to give you some advice, but I have a feeling this will be something that should be handled internally.

Ask a Question