winnt.sif switches for hardrive formating and first logon

Sam

I have created a Winnt.sif file for an unattended XP pro
install.
I would like to know the syntax for completely formatting
the hard as NTFS and installing XP like it was a new drive.

Also, is there an option to bypass the "connect to the
internet," and "create users," musical extravaganza that
appears when first logging on to a fresh XP install?

Thanks!

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Sam,
You may want to look at the deploy.cab file located on the cd under
support\tools folder.
In it use the ref.chm file for unattended settings>
for example: under the [unattended] section
Repartition
Specifies whether to delete all partitions on the first drive of the client
computer and to reformat the drive with the NTFS file system.
Syntax Repartition = Yes | No
Values Yes
Deletes all partitions on the first drive and reformats the drive with NTFS.
No
Does not delete partitions or reformat the drive.
Example Repartition = Yes
Comments Important
Repartition is valid only when performing an unattended Setup by booting
the computer from the Windows product CD.

and for try this for skipping Windows Wlecome:
UnattendSwitch
Specifies whether Setup skips Windows Welcome or Mini-Setup when
preinstalling Windows XP Home Edition or Windows XP Professional using the
CD Boot method.
Syntax UnattendSwitch = Yes | No
Values Yes
Instructs Setup to skip Windows Welcome.
No
Instructs Setup not to skip Windows Welcome.
Default Value No
Example UnattendSwitch = Yes
Comments Use UnattendSwitch only when you perform an unattended Setup with
Winnt.exe, Winnt.sif, and the CD Boot method. This entry is not necessary
if you use Winnt32.exe to run Setup.
Note
UnattendSwitch is not the same as the UnattendedInstall entry in the [Data]
section of the answer file. UnattendSwitch controls Windows Welcome;
UnattendedInstall does not.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]