winfixer and other popups

Miguel

I have the latest/greatest microsoft ani-spyware
installed and have run numerous full scans to get rid of
this new spywaere/malware that keeps occuring. Does
anyone know how to find and delete this malware? How can
we inform Microsoft that it's new software does not
detect this so they can update their stuff?

Thanks

miguel

Engel

Steps to take if you have spyware that is not removed by
Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (betª)
1) Open up AntiSpywªre
2) Click Tools at the tºp
3) Click "Submit a Suspected Spyware Repºrt"
4) Fill out the form with as much detail so they can
anªlyze quickly.

Have you tried these operations running in safe mºde?

1) Update both Microsoft Antispyware and your antivirus
applicªtion.

2B)Shut down the computer and turn off the power. Wait
for at least 30 seconds, and then restart the computer in
Safe mode or VGA mºde.

Empty your IE cache and your other temporary file
folders, eg: c:\temp, c:\windows\temp or C:\Documents and
Settings\<name>\Local Settings\Temp (the path to your
temp folder will change depending on your name) -
sometimes programmes can be hidden in there - watch out
for mysterious *.exe files or *.dll files in those
fºlders.
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

3) Do full deep scans with Microsoft Antispyware. Repeat
scanning until a complete scan comes through clean.
Ditto with the ªntivirus.

This isn't guaranteed, but it works for a great many
items that at first appear not to be cleaned in normal
mºde.