Windows XP windwos XP taking almost 15 minutes to applying settings phase when connect to domain

Reaction score
I am working in network environment of almost 100 PCs, we are using windows XP on our all client machines and windows 2000 server on Domain server machines. Some of client Machines taking too much time in applying setting phase when logon with domain user account, I have check the system and uninstall un-necessary sofwares and applying all the updates and also update the antivirus sofware but problem still remain. But this problem occour only when, i connect to any domain user account , when i connect with system`s local user acccount same system logs in immediatly without taking time. please help me out from this problem what the area of network i should check , mind it i already check the DNS and its working fine with other PCs on the same network.

Reaction score
in group policy (on the domain controller)

user configuration, administrative templates, system, user profiles:
"exclude directories in roamin profile" - enable.
prevent the following directories from roaming with the profile:
temporary internet files;history;temp

user configuration, administrative templates, network, offline files:
enable and disable as appropriate.
the list of settings is too long to list here.

that should be a good start.

Reaction score
try taking it off the domain and putting in back !

would require few start ups !

please be patient :)

Ask a Question