WindowsXP involuntary shutdown

G

My Win XP Home Ed shuts down after starting up with the message "DLL Initialization Failed" - "The application failed to initialize because the windows station is shutting down." I get this message for numerous application DLL's. System Restore has not worked. Disabling StartUP items in msconfig has been unsuccessful. All Hardware working well - no changes, no new software. Any ideas as to the cause and/or so;ution?

G

Just boot the computer in safe mode and do msconfig and uncheck allt he things from there ie system.ini.And if you do not get the error in normal mode than start checking the files one by one.And let me know after checking which file you get the error.
Or you can look in even viewer (controlpannel--administrative tools--evient viewer)in application and in system section that due to which application you are getting this error.Uninstall that application

Ask a Question