Windows XP Windows2000 data recovery

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I will try my best to explain the problem. My computer has now Windows2000. I've deleted an user account accidently. I don't know if everything is still there, if so, how can I recover everything that I used to have like before. For example, all the e-mails and e-mails accounts (very important to me). I'm using Outlook Express. Anyone who knows, please help me. Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Deleteing a user does not usually delete the files that user owned.
If you look on your ce drive, in documents an settings, that old user will still be there, and any/all documents save in the my documents folder will also be there.
Recreating that same user will NOT use that same user id folder tho, it will crea a new one with different sid bits.
Usually this will work:
Create a new user (differrent name)
As administrator, open documents and settings, and copy over all the subfolders from the old user to the new user. Logon as the new user.
Start outlook express, and sign in as the old user, and you should be able to see the files. If not, import the files from the old user's folders.
I don't use outlook, so I can;t help with specifics.

Ask a Question