Windows XP won't finish loading

G

Windows Xp won't load in any mode, just gets to the splash screen and stalls. Then asks if I want normal mode, safe mode , with networking and one other choice. No matter what I choose it starts to load gets to the slash screen where the little green dots are going across the screen, stalls and starts over . I have no idea why this is happening. We have not installed anything new or downloaded anything.
Please help.

M

Mark L. Ferguson

do a Repair setup, (be sure the Firewall is on before going online to do all the
updates again) 315341 - How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation or
Repair) of Windows XP: Go to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

--
Mark L. Ferguson MVP
Email address : (e-mail address removed) Subject: "QZ" + anything
All email without "QZ" in the subject line will be automatically deleted.
marfer's notes for XP > http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/xp_notes.htm

lennymay said:
Windows Xp won't load in any mode, just gets to the splash screen and stalls.
Then asks if I want normal mode, safe mode , with networking and one other
choice. No matter what I choose it starts to load gets to the slash screen where
the little green dots are going across the screen, stalls and starts over . I
have no idea why this is happening. We have not installed anything new or
downloaded anything.

G

Thanks for the reply. I tried to format and reinstall Windows XP and my computer reads and loads all 6 diskd and then tells me to put in the cd. When I do that it looks and sounds like it is reading the disk and then I get that same splash screen. I have also installed another cd-rom drive because I thought that it might be the problem. The same thing happens.
Any more ideas

Ask a Question