Windows XP Task Manager

kausek

I've got an unusual and frustrating problem that just
started. Whenever I use Ctrl-Alt-Del to access the task
manager, the manager comes up for about 500 milliseconds
and then automatically closes, before you have time to
make a selection. It will not stay displayed. It will run
in the background on the Quick Launch toolbar until you
put your mouse over it, then it disappears. The same
thing happens when you right click the taskbar to start
the Task Manager.

Anyone seen this problem before? It may be a corrupted
file (my trend micro has quarantied quite a few trojan
horses lately).

Thanks,

Joe Kausek

eddie

have you tried to acces yur task manager by putting your
cursor on a blank space of your task bar and then right
click and then a few options will come up and just select
task manager.i hope you are succesful in opening it for
it to stay open this time