Windows XP start up problem

G

Someone please help ... I cannot get WIndows XP to start ... when it starts loading personal settings sometimes a "Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low" problem box comes up, and sometimes a "Windows Product Activation - a problem is preventing Windows from accurately checking the license for this computer, error code: 0x80040057" box come up. I cannot get past these errors and get it to start ... also, I tried to get it to start in Safe Mode and cannot get it started this way either. Please help. Thanks.

G

I have same problems Error code ox80090019 , ox800705aa preventing windows from checking, error code oxoooo142, virtual memory minimum too low, and value creation failed at line 422 and line 599. I have to shut down and restart about four times to get up, I think the virtual memory low is not allowing some things to work. It usually takes 45min to start windows. I can tell you this that system restore didnt work. If you do get system and windows running dont shut down, hibernate system.

G

Thanks for your reply ... we did get it going after qute a few tries, and were able to enlarge the size of the virtual memory to a larger file size once we got back into Windows XP. So far it is working fine since then

To enlarge the size of the virtual memory: get into Control Panel, then Performance & Maintenance, then System, then Advanced Tab, then Performance Settings, then Advanced Tab, then Virtual Memory- Change, then Custom Size: set the Intial & Maximum Size the same size, at a higher rate than it is currently set on to make it larger; this should help.

Ask a Question