Windows XP Windows XP SP3 release candidate cannot be upgraded to

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I'm a bit calmer today, but I don't know why I can't upgrade to Windows XP Sp3 Candidate.

windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu is not a valid Win32 Application.

Any ways to work around or fix this? Has anyone even got it to work?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It could be that you need to re-download it - although as it's not out yet I wouldn't try to install it personally ;)

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Only problem is that I need it because iTunes 7.6 isn't installing. It keeps saying invalid signature incase you haven't seen my other post. Some internet forums say you need SP3 to install iTunes 7.6

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah, in that case try downloading from another source :)

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
I don't think that will work, I've tried downloading iTunes 7.6 from 2 sources, both failed with "itunessetup.exe is not a valid Win32 Application." I don't even think I'll be able to find another source.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Service Pack 3 had it for a couple of weeks now . Spent the last week trying to integrate it into a unattended instillation disc . The version I have seems ok . Think I got it from the microsop site .

happywave.gif

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Well it is a release candidate remember it isn't 100% stable I don't think. Lucky you. Got any idea why mine is not a valid Win32 App?

Captain Jack Sparrow

Anti-cryptominer
Reaction score
Got it to work, but it killed my PC. Wont start SP3. Stop 0x000000A5
ACPI BIOS non compliant?!
Had to reinstall windows. Got iTunes to work - You may now close this topic, thanks for all the help.

Ask a Question