Windows XP Cannot install IIS in XP Professional SP3

Reaction score
When I first got XP Professional I installed IIS without any problem. It worked fine for years. Then all of a sudden it quit working.

So I uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it. Unfortunately, it will not install.

It cannot seem to fine file after file after file. How many hours/days am I supposed to spend trying to install the program?

I downloaded the full SP3 file.I only have the orginal "upgrade" to XP disk, not the full installation disk.

I am guessing that Microsoft, when preparing SP3, did not make sure IIS works with the SP. Nor can it be installed. I purchased XP Pro to be able to use IIS and now it does not work.

I have had this problem for well over a year so it might have stopped working with SP2.

What can I do to force Microsoft to make sure I can use the product as designed? I am not about to pay Microsoft tech support for something that is their problem. I now have an operating system that cannot be used as designed.

I also went to Microsoft's site and followed their instructions.

I cannot be the only one with this problem. Thanks for any help to easily install this program.

Reaction score
Finally!

I went to one or more of the links given in the reply (don't remember exactly where I went) and ran a couple of the esentutl processes, including the one that ended in /r.

Voilla, it then installed without any issues. Wonderful!

Over the past year or so I have occasionally posted my problem in various forums and this is the first one that gave me a very simple way to resolve the issue (without having to spend hours trying). It was simple and easy.

Thanks very much!

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
Google is awesome. All I searched for was XP PRO IIS SP3 and that was the first link.

Glad you got it fixed. Party on!

Ask a Question