Windows XP Oembios install error.

When ever Itry to install XP Professional I get a OEMBIOS error along with
others while the system is copying the files. The system I am loading it onto
is a HP/Compaq Deskpro EX 1.4 Mhz. I first received this when I tried to load
XP on to a blank drive. After the error I wipe the drive clean and installed
Windows 98 SE which was the systems original OS and had no problems. It
installed fine and ran fine. So I know the hardware is fine. So Itried to
load XP after that and received the same error. What is the solution to this
problem? Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
With the limited amount of information, it sounds like a hardware issue or
an issue with the media that is being used to install with. During the
phase of setup( guessing somewhat due to limited information as to what
phase), there isn't much going on other than reading from the CD drive and
copying to the hard drive. So we are using the hard drive, the CD\DVD
drive, the BIOS, the RAM, the Processor and Video as well as input devices
like mouse and keyboard. ( It shouldn't have anything to do with video,
mouse or keyboard at that stage.
Windows XP would have higher hardware requirements than Windows 98 and
would task the hardware in different ways so installing Windows 98 doesn't
really tell us much.
What would be the most useful would be the exact error message
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?d2VzdA==?= <[email protected]>
<Subject: Windows XP Oembios install error.