Windows XP windows xp corrupted

Reaction score
During a sytem restore operation my computer hanged in the middle and I had to restart it the system restore function and user accounts in control panel have been corrupted as a result of which I can't create or delete computer accounts in my computer
confused.gif
Is there any software available to create or delete accounts in my computer and a better replacement to system restore
smile.gif

Reaction score

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
uhm........the system will allow you to make user changes very easily and without using control panel.

find the My computer Icon, right click and select MANAGE. Computer management will open and you will see USERS AND GROUPS. click there, choose Users and then select the user you wish to modify.

If you don't have access to this, a repair or reinstall may be necessary

- Surfer

Reaction score
Silverhazesurfer said:
uhm........the system will allow you to make user changes very easily and without using control panel.

find the My computer Icon, right click and select MANAGE. Computer management will open and you will see USERS AND GROUPS. click there, choose Users and then select the user you wish to modify.

If you don't have access to this, a repair or reinstall may be necessary

- Surfer
Thanks I was able to create and delete accounts with that method :)

Reaction score
I deleted and created accounts but the accounts seem to be limited accounts can u tell me how I can make computer admin accounts?

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
right click the user and select the Member Of tab. at the bottom, select ADD. a box pops up with a list of users, just like the one listed in computer management. double click the administrators group and click OK

- Surfer

Reaction score
If you couldn't see the Windows directory when you were going to do the repair, I'd be wanting to do a chkdsk to make sure the hard drive doesn't have problems...

Reaction score
I saw the windows directory but it didn't give me a option to repair install windows xp but when I clicked on windows directory it detected it and asked me to format...........

Reaction score
There are two repair options. Repair and Recovery Console. Put in the CD. Choose not to go to Recovery Console. Then it should find an operating system - it does or it doesn't and if it does, it should ask you if you want to repair it.

Ask a Question