Windows XP SLOW SHUTDOWN POSSIBLE FIX

Reaction score
okay people Im new to this website but wanted to share something first Ive got windows xp sp3 my computer took 5 min to shutdown certain files were reading not reponding e.g kaspersky and microsoft office then I notices when i do disk check it doesnt do a full check says unable to check so I did the other one the one you can only do when you restart and guess what found alot of corrupt files deleted them and voila computers shuts down in 15 sec and one more thing I updated my geforce 9500gt card and it messed up big time got corrupted system restore didnt work as well as roll back so downloaded it again restarted my computer slow shutdown was gone try uninstalling graphics card then reinstall new version or check disk while computer is booting or try system restore few days ago let me know what happens or if this is usefull

Last edited:
Reaction score
my speaker makes crackling sound brand new hasnt been smashed or fallen down I have 2 speakers and the crackling just comes and goes whether iam listening to music playing games or doing nothing at all any help please

Ask a Question