Windows XP CD

Rainy

I put my Windows XP home in the drive to repair Internet Explorer (I thought
my copy and paste problem was due to a faulty Internet Explorer) .. and XP
did not "Auto Run" like it used to.. I right clicked on the drive to see if
I could get it to come up.. and it said there was nothing in the drive. But
was able to repair IE when I went to Add/Remove Windows Components which I
thought was strange. I found an enable auto run fix but have saved it to my
desktop until someone here says this is what I need..:) I appreciate any
help .. thanks Rainy.

peter

in order to boot from the CD your BIOS must be setup so that the CD drive is
the 1st boot device.
The screen at boot will then say "push any key to boot from CD"
peter

David B.

Where in the OP did it state the user wanted to boot from the CD? Your
answer is entirely unrelated to the question.

David B.

Is the disk readable in another CD drive or another PC? Playing with autorun
is not going to make the drive read the disk.

Rainy

I would love some help on this.. do you have any ideas?
Where in the OP did it state the user wanted to boot from the CD? Your
answer is entirely unrelated to the question.

Rainy

I"m not sure what this is.. spam? it's ridiculous for sure. has nothing to
do with my problem.. :) People try everything don't they? needless to say I
won't be responding to her/him! Rainy..
I put my Windows XP home in the drive to repair Internet Explorer (I
thought
my copy and paste problem was due to a faulty Internet Explorer) .. and XP
did not "Auto Run" like it used to.. I right clicked on the drive to see
if
I could get it to come up.. and it said there was nothing in the drive.
But
was able to repair IE when I went to Add/Remove Windows Components which I
thought was strange. I found an enable auto run fix but have saved it to
my
desktop until someone here says this is what I need..:) I appreciate any
help .. thanks Rainy.

Hi,

I am a member of the RadixThink Recruiting Team.

Your name was brought to my attention on google group. I would love a
chance to speak with you confidentially about opportunities with my
client. It would be a chance for me to better understand your
experience, background, and qualifications and speak with you about
your career path and professional interests. If you are open to having
a brief conversation, or know someone who would be, please read on.
Otherwise please kindly let me know so I can make a note not to
contact you in the future, or perhaps to reach out at a different
email address.

A little about us:

RadixThink operates at the origin of change. We are the root of
innovative ideas.

RadixThink provides comprehensive recruitment process outsourcing
solutions to optimize the entire hiring cycle - from candidate
sourcing, pre-qualification, to technical interviews and referral
management.

We customize the suite of services to meet your organization's needs
and deliver measurable benefits in cost, speed and quality of hires.

But enough about us. Obviously I found a little bit of info about you
online and I'd appreciate an opportunity to fill in the blanks. You've
read this far so you must be at least a bit intrigued by what we may
have to offer so I would love to speak with you in more detail.

Please take a moment to schedule a convenient time for me to contact
you.

Looking forward to our call.

Thanks & Regards,

Sarita Diyshatri
Relationship Manager
Radixthink Inc.
Phone - 646-452-3165
(e-mail address removed)

I put my Windows XP home in the drive to repair Internet Explorer (I thought
my copy and paste problem was due to a faulty Internet Explorer) .. and XP
did not "Auto Run" like it used to.. I right clicked on the drive to see if
I could get it to come up.. and it said there was nothing in the drive. But
was able to repair IE when I went to Add/Remove Windows Components which I
thought was strange. I found an enable auto run fix but have saved it to my
desktop until someone here says this is what I need..:) I appreciate any
help .. thanks Rainy.

Rainy

Yes I just put another CD-R in the drive and it loaded.. Is my XP CD gone
bad?
Is the disk readable in another CD drive or another PC? Playing with autorun
is not going to make the drive read the disk.

Unknown

Need a little more information. When you put the XP CD in the drive did the
drive light come on? Did it spin (motor run)? What do you mean the CD-R
loaded?. Motor start? Did a program load? If you right click on the drive
select properties---autoplay, what is type of CD set in the window?

Rainy

yes. but will take some time.. will get back to you.. thanks for the help!
hugs Rainy
Do you have the ability to try your XP disk in a different PC?

Rainy

yes the light goes on. . and goes off telling me that it's stopped reading
it.. and I can use it.. also have another light that tells me the computer
is working . The type of Cd is Windows XP Home, the prompt that comes up
says E is not /Accessible, Incorrect Function, E being my Dvd drive! It
won't let me right click on it, and choose properties. I did not hear the
motor spinning, I don't think I ever did I hope I answered everything..
Rainy.
Need a little more information. When you put the XP CD in the drive did the
drive light come on? Did it spin (motor run)? What do you mean the CD-R
loaded?. Motor start? Did a program load? If you right click on the drive
select properties---autoplay, what is type of CD set in the window?

Unknown

Are you saying the CD-R starts up but the XP CD does not? Do you have more
than one CD drive?

Rainy

I do but the other one doesn't work right.. I was thinking I that the cd
might be dirty.. I'm bad about touching them.. would alcohol be a good
cleaner?.. hugs Rainy
Are you saying the CD-R starts up but the XP CD does not? Do you have more
than one CD drive?

Unknown

Sorry; you don't answer the questions.
Rainy said:
I do but the other one doesn't work right.. I was thinking I that the cd
might be dirty.. I'm bad about touching them.. would alcohol be a good
cleaner?.. hugs Rainy
Are you saying the CD-R starts up but the XP CD does not? Do you have more
than one CD drive?

Rainy

I said I do meaning I do have another one.. Yes the cd starts up but the cd
does not.. thanks Rainy7
Sorry; you don't answer the questions.

Do NOT use ALCOHOL. Usually a very soft, dry cloth, rubbing gently from the
middle (the hole) to the outside edge in a straight line is sufficient to
remove fingerprints. [VERY diluted liquid dishwashing detergent and warm
water can be used "if necessary"; usually it is not.]

Rainy

thank you I will try this.. appreciate you jumping in.. Rainy
Do NOT use ALCOHOL. Usually a very soft, dry cloth, rubbing gently from the
middle (the hole) to the outside edge in a straight line is sufficient to
remove fingerprints. [VERY diluted liquid dishwashing detergent and warm
water can be used "if necessary"; usually it is not.]

Rainy

I cleaned the cd and it is still not working. .. thanks for the help..
Rainy
Do NOT use ALCOHOL. Usually a very soft, dry cloth, rubbing gently from the
middle (the hole) to the outside edge in a straight line is sufficient to
remove fingerprints. [VERY diluted liquid dishwashing detergent and warm
water can be used "if necessary"; usually it is not.]

David B.

At this point you need to test the CD in another PC, if it works, your drive
is just having trouble reading it for some reason, it happens, I have run
into more than one CD drive that won't read a certain CD.

--

----

Rainy said:
I do but the other one doesn't work right.. I was thinking I that the cd
might be dirty.. I'm bad about touching them.. would alcohol be a good
cleaner?.. hugs Rainy
Are you saying the CD-R starts up but the XP CD does not? Do you have
more
than one CD drive?

Harry Ohrn

You say that other discs can be read in the device but you are having
trouble with your XP Home disc. One thing I'd try is taking the XP Home CD
to a friend who has a CD Burner on their computer. Use their computer to
make a copy of your disc - yes that is legal - then try the copy in your
computer.

--

Harry Ohrn MS MVP [Shell\User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp