Windows XP Bridge Connections | PlayStation 2

G

Peeps

I am in the process of planning a home wireless network and have decided to purchase an all NETGEAR 802.11b solution, including a Wireless Router (WR) with inbuilt firewall, three Wireless PCI cards for the desktops and one Wireless PC Card for my notebook. The WR will be connected to my cable modem (512Kbps or 1Mbps - haven't decided yet)

I would like two PlayStation 2 (PS2) consoles to use the home wireless infrastructure, and have determined that I will need two Wireless Ethernet Bridge's (WEB) directly connected to the PS2's via an Ethernet cable for this to work as planned

Rather than purchasing these two additional hardware-based WEB's (probably from NETGEAR again), is it possible to have the PS2's directly connected to a wired Ethernet PCI Card on a computer running Windows XP Professional and then use the Bridge Connections feature to connect the wired and wireless segments??

Has anybody done anything similar? Is it even possible

Any feedback, clarification or help would be much appreciated

Cheers,

S

Scott Graddy

You should have no problem doing this exactly as you have planned it.
Just add a Hub/Switch to provide the additional port for the second
PS2.

S

Steve

I am trying to do a similar thing, but when I connect the ethernet
cable from my laptop (wireless pc card & working built-in NIC) the
connection does not appear active. I really can't figure out why, as
I believe this should work, and I have tested the installation of the
ps2 network adapter on the CD utility. I have yet to see anyone say
they've done this successfully, but it seems it should work.

Anyone else have any ideas?????

Ask a Question