Windows Vista Windows Vista SP2

Reaction score
SP2 for Vista has been released. According to a post made on Engadget some of the new features include :

- Your wireless Signal wont be super slow after you wake up your laptop from "sleep mode" "i noticed it and always had to restart"
- Native Blu ray data Disc burn built in windows
- New wireless option in control panel that let you connect to wireless networks faster and easier "Windows connect now"
- New Bluettoth standard support
- Windows Search Engine 4 (Much faster search for files within windows)
- Your sidebar gadgets Wont eat ram/cpu like crazy (Now its fixed)
- Boost your battery life by about 10% with better power management system
- ExFAT format support for HDS
- Better Error handling

I haven't yet installed it myself, but, will post an update once I have :p

Linky for download :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...d5-f907-4406-9012-a5c3199ea2b3&DisplayLang=en

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Windows Automatic Updates have just popped-up to offer SP2 here :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The big question - is it running any faster? :D

I have auto-updates on so it will probably do it's own thing.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The big question - is it running any faster? :D

The big answer - Not really sure lol. Opening different applications and windows seem quicker :confused: I think lol.

Have to see what the others say :user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
lol, Bit of a shock aint it?

Reaction score
Well I have just installed it and it all seemed well until I got a Windows Explorer stopped responding, any one else found this?

Reaction score
Hi Nobody in particular,

It all installed fine, it rebooted and I was closing control panel and my computer and that's when it occurred, I just hope its a one off. I am going to slipstream it soon anyway so will have it ready for any reinstalls that I need to do.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Installing on GF's lappy as i type....

Reaction score
Busy downloading it at the moment..Supprised I didn't get it this morning in Auto updates. HAve just had to do a re-install of Vista this morning and have a million and one updates. Not even SP1 came up..IE bl**dy 8 shows up everytime I check for updates though..:p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Seems to be okay here, so far. To be honest, I cancelled IE8 from the update list previously, so it didn't download with SP2. :)

Reaction score
wizkid said:
Hi Nobody in particular,

It all installed fine, it rebooted and I was closing control panel and my computer and that's when it occurred, I just hope its a one off. I am going to slipstream it soon anyway so will have it ready for any reinstalls that I need to do.

Hopefully was a one off. Glad the installation went well. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
...installing stage three of three...

*reboot*

...Service Pack has not installed. Reverting Changes. Do Not turn off computer...

WTF? :confused:

Just d/l the Windows Readiness Update Tool as they've suggested it.

It didn't auto-update, btw, I had to d/l SP2.

This is the first ever problem I've had in 16 months of running Vista.

Bugger.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Now installed on gf's lappy.

She had already 'let' it install IE8 (bless her :p ) But i see to it she uses Firefox anyway so no biggie. :D

Seems fine, no difference thus far.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Installed this 'Readiness Update' and attempted to load SP2 again - still no good :mad:

Maybe I have a corrupted download, I do wish Microsoft would provide easy links for MD5 sum checking.

Right now, I have the right pox with Windows, I hate them :mad:

But, I'll try again tomorrow, will d/l SP2 again.

Ya know, sometimes I have a real yearning to kick Steve Bullmer very hard in a very delicate part of his anatomy :)

Reaction score
Hi All,

When ipowered my laptop this evening it went straight in to the Installing updates thingy and i didnt even download anything:confused:.....do MS just give out the service packs for free or what?? I was of the impression they didnt give away anything for free??
Zzzzz

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
captain zed said:
Hi All,

When ipowered my laptop this evening it went straight in to the Installing updates thingy and i didnt even download anything:confused:.....do MS just give out the service packs for free or what?? I was of the impression they didnt give away anything for free??
Zzzzz

Um, naivety rools :D

If MS sell an OS the updates are free.

And they better be too or MS would probably go out of business.

Just wish the damn thing would work for me, oh well....

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Um, naivety rools :D

If MS sell an OS the updates are free.

And they better be too or MS would probably go out of business.

Just wish the damn thing would work for me, oh well....

Keep trying man....if something is getting up my nose and just wont work for me i just walk away for a bit and come back later and try again.....i must check my updates....i thought things were a bit quicker tonight especially navigating around the PCR site. I didnt know about the new service pack.
Thanks for the info on the free updates though.
I suppose the OS to begin with is expensive enough, but what do ya think will happen with windows 7 when its released.....i've heard mention of a freebie for vista owners. Do ya think there's any truth in it.
Personally i think its just wishful thinking. I will be pleasantly surprised if its free.
Zzzzz

Ask a Question