Windows vista "looses" activation

I have installed in a partition the Windows Vista Ultimate Retail, which was
activated some months ago without problem by telephone, since I don't have
intertet at home.

Since yesterday, almost all times I start Vista I get a message informing me
that the activation time has expired, and that I have to activate Vista.

I select again the activation by telephone and, as the numbers to be sent to
Microsoft has not changed (the hadware is the same), I reenter the numbers
that I received by telephone (which fortunately I had noted in a paper). The
Vista is activated and I can work with it without problems (even in the
explorer page of the computer it says that Vista is activated)

However, next time I restart the Vista, I get the same message, and the
process starts again...

Since I don't have Internet at home, the system has not been updated.

Is there any update to avoid this problem?? How can I solve it?

Alias

Maal656 said:
[...]

Vista is probably trying to call home and, because you don't have it
connected to the Internet, it can't. Hence, it thinks you're a low life
pirate. Ain't activation grand? Sick of it? Try Ubuntu. No activation,
no becoming "genuine", no anti virus or anti malware programs needed. A
hard firewall through a router is all that's needed. When you need an
update to Ubuntu or *any* of the programs you have installed, the
repository updates *everything*. No need to be constantly checking
applications to see if they need updating or not.

Get it, free, at: http://www.ubuntu.com/ They will even send you a free
CD and they pay the postage.

Alias

KristleBawl

Instead of telling people they need a whole new progam, why don't you just
asnswer their questions about how to make the one they already use work
better?

KB

"Alias" wrote in message news:[email protected]...

Alias

KristleBawl said:
Instead of telling people they need a whole new progam, why don't you
just asnswer their questions about how to make the one they already use
work better?

KB

Vista needs to phone home.

It can't.

The only permanent solution is to connect to the Internet or use an OS
that doesn't require any activation and becoming genuine crap.

That's why.

Alias

KristleBawl

So, after "months" of not getting through it just decides it needs to be
reactivated?

Have you tested this theory? How long have you had Vista running without
allowing it to "phone home"?

Maybe something else is going on that the OP didn't mention, like a new
mouse with software that changed drivers, or adding a digital camera or
printer, or any other non-internet-related system change that shouldn't
have, but still might have, triggered the reactivation? Just because it is
not connected to the Internet, and not receiving 'updates', doesn't mean
there haven't been minor changes.

Yes, it's inconvenient, and buggy, and *not perfect*, but it's part of
Vista. Those of us who *want* to use Vista are learning how to use it
correctly, but you sound like you're trying to tell people that they wasted
their money and need to give up.

That makes you a quitter! So, quit telling people to throw in the towel and
let the rest of us get the job done.

KristleBawl said:
[...]

My, my, such name calling. I don't see any suggestions from you other
than phone activate (again).

Upgrading from Vista to Ubuntu is *not* "throwing in the towel"; it's an
improvement. Of course, if you enjoy being constantly told that you're a
low life pirate, Vista is the OS for you. If you enjoy having to upgrade
all your programs individually, Vista is for you. And, last, but not
least, if you enjoy having anti virus, software firewalls and anti
malware using up your resources, Vista is for you.

Alias

Frank

KristleBawl said:
So, after "months" of not getting through it just decides it needs to be
reactivated?

Have you tested this theory? How long have you had Vista running without
allowing it to "phone home"?
He doesn't have Vista. He said he "played" with Vista it in some store.
He can't afford the 800 dollars it cost (according to him) in Spain. He
has xp home.
He's been saying the same thing now for months. He's really just a linux
troll.
Pay no attention to him.
Frank

Alias

Frank said:
He doesn't have Vista.
True.

He said he "played" with Vista it in some store.
True.

He can't afford the 800 dollars it cost (according to him) in Spain.
False.

He
has xp home.

And XP Pro and Ubuntu.
He's been saying the same thing now for months. He's really just a linux
troll.
Pay no attention to him.
Frank

You forgot to belch, Frankie.

Alias

KristleBawl

Actually, I think this one of Frank's most polite eplies in a long while,
soI'm letting out of the killfile again.

Tiberius won't be lonely, thought, Karen Jane has ben in there all this
time, too. :)

KristleBawl said:
Actually, I think this one of Frank's most polite eplies in a long
while, soI'm letting out of the killfile again.

Tiberius won't be lonely, thought, Karen Jane has ben in there all this
time, too. :)

KB

Polite, maybe. Full of lies, definitely.

Alias

Alias

Frank said:
Free at last...!
:-D
Frank

"My friends from the prison, they ask unto me,
How good, how good does it feel to be free?
And I answer them, most mysteriously,
How free are the birds from the chains of the skyway?"

Alias

KristleBawl

True, and thanks for your calm reply.

KB, (who even reset this newsgroup to reply directly to this post) <g>

Alias

Frank said:
Care to point out the "lies" in my message?
Frank

I already did but, just for you, Frankie, here is is again:
He doesn't have Vista.
True.

He said he "played" with Vista it in some store.
True.

He can't afford the 800 dollars it cost (according to him) in Spain.
False.

He has xp home.

And XP Pro and Ubuntu.
He's been saying the same thing now for months. He's really just a
linux troll.

False.
Pay no attention to him.
Frank

You forgot to belch, Frankie.

Alias

Frank

You've always complained that Vista was too expensive which implies that
you can't afford it.

He has xp home.

Hummm...I "lurk" in the XP ng...where I see you've had some problems
reloading xp home...or was that typo?

And XP Pro and Ubuntu.

linux troll.

So you've not been saying the same thing for months, advocating ubuntu
linux over Vista? It that not true?
It appears either you're suffering from a short term memory loss or else
your a delusional person or else you're the one who is lying?
Care to come clean or should we just move on?
Frank

Alias

Frank said:
You've always complained that Vista was too expensive which implies that
you can't afford it.

Not the reason I don't run Vista, far from it.
He has xp home.

Hummm...I "lurk" in the XP ng...where I see you've had some problems
reloading xp home...or was that typo?

I've posted a lot of things in that ng. What are you referring to? I
have XP Home in Spanish, 2 XP Pros in English and Ubuntu in the language
I'm in the mood for when I boot up. I have DOS, 95, 98, 98SE, W2K, Me on
the shelf over there, not that it's any of your business what I can
afford or not or have bought or not.
So you've not been saying the same thing for months, advocating ubuntu
linux over Vista? It that not true?

I would also advocate XP over Vista and that is my opinion. The fact
that you get your over sized pants in a twist about it is your problem.
It appears either you're suffering from a short term memory loss or else
your a delusional person or else you're the one who is lying?

How so, pray tell?
Care to come clean or should we just move on?
Frank

I haven't the foggiest idea of what you're talking about, Frankie and
neither do you.

Alias

Frank

Alias said:
Not the reason I don't run Vista, far from it.

I've posted a lot of things in that ng. What are you referring to? I
have XP Home in Spanish, 2 XP Pros in English and Ubuntu in the language
I'm in the mood for when I boot up. I have DOS, 95, 98, 98SE, W2K, Me on
the shelf over there, not that it's any of your business what I can
afford or not or have bought or not.

I would also advocate XP over Vista and that is my opinion. The fact
that you get your over sized pants in a twist about it is your problem.

How so, pray tell?

I haven't the foggiest idea of what you're talking about, Frankie and
neither do you.

Alias

You've never been "man" enough to ever admit you're wrong, have lied or
don't know what your talking about have you.
I guess your "machismos" won't let you huh?
Pssffftt!
Frank