Windows update

Josette

Hi:

It seems there are a lot of updates those last few days. Everytime I turn
off my computer, there are 8 or 11 ones to be installed. Now there is this
new icon that shows at the bottom right corner which says "windows donwload".
It showed 22% complete, then disappeared. When I turned on my computer
again, it showed its nose and said "30% complete" then disappeared.

I do not understand why it disappears before completion and am at a loss to
know if I should let my computer on or not.

Thank you for your help.

Gary VanderMolen

The forum to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the
Windows Mail program. You will get more help by posting that issue
in the Windows Update forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en/vistawu/threads

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Josette" wrote in message
Hi:

It seems there are a lot of updates those last few days. Everytime I turn
off my computer, there are 8 or 11 ones to be installed. Now there is this
new icon that shows at the bottom right corner which says "windows donwload".
It showed 22% complete, then disappeared. When I turned on my computer
again, it showed its nose and said "30% complete" then disappeared.

I do not understand why it disappears before completion and am at a loss to
know if I should let my computer on or not.

Thank you for your help.

Steve Cochran

Leave the computer on for 24 hours and let it finish the downloading of the updates and then install them. Then you can turn it off.

steve