Windows Update after clean install of XP Home (Virus)

G

Hi there
I need some advice. Just last night I did a clean install of win XP SP1,while not connected to the internet. I put up both Win XP firewalls & installed PC-Cillin 2003 & updated the definitions via auto update. I then proceeded to windows update to install all critical files. During the install of the criticle updates PC-Cillin nabbed a virus. Here is what the name of the virus and the paths where my AV picked them up. Worm_NACHI.B Here is the path and file name, svchost.exe C:\windows\system32\drivers\ and WksPatch[1].exe C:\windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Local Settings Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1RHQ7HJ
This is what's in my quaranteen folder now. Is this a legit virus? Should I delete it? Is this a legit system file? There was 3 webpages I went to prior to updates 1. ASUS, 2. SHAW CABLE 3. Windows Update. If this is a virus is it possible that going to microsoft windows update is a no no after a clean install
Anyones Comments please.

Ask a Question