"Windows Setup cannot determine if this computer supports installing this version of Windows."

M. Trussell

Pre RC1...Anyone else see this? Can't install fresh or upgrade.
Couldn't install Beta 2 either.

M. Trussell

Lang Murphy

Need more info... high level computer specs would be nice and are you trying
to install to a VM?

Lang

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Do you have a setupact.log file in the
\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\Panther\setupact.log ?
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

<From: =?Utf-8?B?TUBkaGF0M3Jy?= <[email protected]>
<Subject: RE: "Windows Setup cannot determine if this computer supports
installi
<Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 13:38:01 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
<
<How much free space do you have on the drive that you are trying to
install on?
<
<"M. Trussell" wrote:
<
<> Pre RC1...Anyone else see this? Can't install fresh or upgrade.
<> Couldn't install Beta 2 either.
<>
<> M. Trussell
<>
<>
<>
<

I found out that it is the anti virus.

Uninstall the anti virus and you should be ok.

Hello all,

I was looking on the net for this issue and I am sure everyone else has
found the solution to this issue. But it seems that you need terminal
services turned on for this message to go away. So if you turned it off than
turn it back on. So far it seems to work on the machines I have tried it on.

Otherwise Im sure it an antivirus thing.

But I would try the antivirus thing first than turn on the terminal services

James