Windows Service Controller

Reaction score
I have problem with windows service controller(services.exe).every time when turn on my ps block and cpu usage 100% I hawe nod32,ad aware se pro,spuboot and when I scan every thing is ok,please can somebody tell me what to do,thanks

Reaction score
Okay - Please search your entire hard drive(s) for 'Services.exe'. It should ONLY exist in 'C:\Windows\System32'.

(Please ensure that hidden files are visible in Explorer - TOOLS>FOLDER OPTIONS>VIEW)
[Expand 'Hidden Files and Folders'>Select 'SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS' then UNTICK the following TWO options]
'Hide extensions for known file types'
'Hide proctected operating system files [Recommended]'

Please delete any other copies you find.

Let me know how you get on.

Reaction score
ok mate I do that and find C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\servicepackfiles\i and what now to do?

Reaction score
i dont know how to get date/timestamps for both files can you tell me and I will post

Reaction score
Right-click on the files in Explorer - then select Properties.
This will show you Create, Modify and Access Date/Times.

Please post the Create date/times for the two 'Sevrices.exe' files you have. (Stating which detail relates to which file).

Reaction score
look this

Attachments

• Capture_010.jpg
    Capture_010.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 211
Reaction score
Please confirm whether you have TWO files called 'SERVICES.EXE' ?
Please post the date/timestamps for BOTH files.

Reaction score
Hi Goksi75,

I need to make a comparison between details, IF you have TWO copies of the file called 'Services.exe'?
When did this start happening? What changed?
Please provide as MUCH information as you can - it will only help me to help you faster! ;)

Cheers
Kev

Reaction score
If SP4 does not prevent Services.exe from using 100% of the CPU?

AbsoluteKevster said:
Please review the following..
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328885/

..otherwise please confirm your full Operating System & Service Pack if NOT Windows 2000.

I am having a similar problem where services.exe is using 100% of my CPU for two minutes every time I connect or disconnect from the network.

The thing that is confusing me is that I already have Windows 2000 Service Pack 4, the last SP4 Rollup, and the file Esent.dll is the same version as mentioned in the support article linked above.

Does anyone have any suggestions short of upgrading to XP or Vista?

Ask a Question