Windows XP Windows picture and Fax viewer

Reaction score
When I open a photo in My pictures it opens with Paint. In all areas I opted this kind of files to open with Windows picture and Fax viewer, but still it opens with Paint. I tried all the stepslike changing folder options vew ..still its not working, Can anybody help?

Reaction score
Right click on the file > open with > windows picture and fax viewer > tick the box that says always use this program as default > OK

Bobs your lobster ;)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Right click on the file > open with > windows picture and fax viewer > tick the box that says always use this program as default > OK

Bobs your lobster ;)
Hi Christoph, thank you for your reply. But I did everything possible, still it opens with paint. I tried this option you mentioned each time when I open the image but it still opens with Paint. I ticked the box that says always use this programme as default but it is not working. Next time when I open it opens with paint. In folder options it is mentioned that all the jpeg extensions are supposed to open with Windows picture and Fax viewer..but still it opens with Paint. Doesn't it looks strange??? Any suggestions???

Reaction score
Open windows explorer > tools > folders options > tab File Types
Highlight the file extension you want to change like "jpeg"
click Change button and you can chosse the program you want to use to open your file.
In your case Windows picture and Fax Viewer.
Hope this help.

Ask a Question