Windows Picture and Fax Viewer troubleshooting

I

Indhar

BlankI am unable to view my photos on Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I Can view
them with other programs such as paint but not with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
It was working perfectly, and all of a sudden Windows Picture and Fax Viewer doesn't work.
I can't even see the images on thumbnail view.
I am pretty sure its not a virus problem.

Can Somone Help me with this problem?

D

Default User

BlankMost likely your network or system administrator has disabled shimgvw.dll to prevent any issues that could have arisen from the security hole found late last year regarding .WMF files specifically.

To reenable Windows Pics and Fax viewer and thumbnails, do this: click on your Start, then on Run (or windows key+R), and type regsvr32.exe shimgvw.dll and hit enter. A dialog box will pop up and say that it has successfully registered that .DLL so click 'ok'. If that does not work, your sysadmin has disabled that .DLL using MS's Group Policy on your network.

Hope this helps. And oh yeah, don't go anywhere stupid on either one of the Internets until you visit Windows Update and get the patch that they have available to prevent this type of exploit.

-slaqqer
I am unable to view my photos on Windows Picture and Fax Viewer. I Can view
them with other programs such as paint but not with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.
It was working perfectly, and all of a sudden Windows Picture and Fax Viewer doesn't work.
I can't even see the images on thumbnail view.
I am pretty sure its not a virus problem.

Can Somone Help me with this problem?

Ask a Question