Windows Movie Maker 2

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Windows XP has a great program which many have used called Movie Maker. This is probably the best freeware movie editor one can get hands on and is bundled with the Windows XP (version 1.1 comes as standard). The new version is the Movie Maker 2 which can be downloaded from the Microsoft website, link of which is given at the bottom.

If you are new to Movie Maker and want to know great tips and ideas on how to really make good use of the software, you can check out a great site which is brimming with information on every aspect of movie-making with regard to Movie Maker 2

Download Movie Maker 2

Tips and Tricks for Movie Maker 2

Happy Shooting!:spin:

Reaction score
I hate Movie Maker 2, I loose titles and the placement of clips as I switch between the time line and the other view (sry forgot the name)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Many users don't like Movie Maker. Software like these are always a matter of personal preference.

By the way welcome to the forum. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's not bad ... for a FREE program. ;)

:D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I use Pinnacle Studio 8, it's OK. Windows Movie Maker, as Mucks says, is quite fair for a freebie. It'll do the basics and a little more.

Reaction score
I use Movie Maker 2 a fair bit now since my dad and picked up a digital camcorder in the states and i got a DVD burner and i have to say it is very very good - once you get the hang of things its really easy to use - editing video is really really easy and you can put backing music to anything and there are some pretty nifty transition effects for pictures and video.

Coupled with neroVision Express 2.0, MM2 is a ver effective video making/editing suite, as i say, it does take some time of playing with it to fully appreciate its capabilities.

Ask a Question