Windows Media Player and a TV

Reaction score
I recently got a LCD screen and have managed to plug it into my computer using a s-video port and it is showin my computer screen on the LCD screen. However i am unable to play any of my videos. They show up on my computer but on the TV it just has a black screen??

Next question, am i able to have split screens? So for example the tv shows something else while my computer screen shows something diffrent??

If anyone has any experince or advice about this it wud b very helpfull

Thanks

Reaction score
I think i have found some software it is from ATI and it is called Hydravision. However i dont think this works when you use a s-video connection, i think i need another vga connection. This could b done as the TV has a VGA connection and on my graphics card it has a dvi connection. So i could either buy a dvi - vga cable or a vga - vga calbe as i have an adapter which changes dvi into a vga.

However if i do this can anyway say this it will work or should work or am i completly doing the wrong thing??

Thanks

Reaction score
Thanks Chris but one more question, i got the software to change between the monitors but it doesn't show the TV, so i cant change anything to it. Is this becuase of the cable i am using at the moment and so it should change when i use the VGA cable??

Thanks

Reaction score
It should register a TV if it is plugged into the S-Video port unless the software in not compatable with S-Video

Ask a Question