Windows Media Center Extender Vista and Xbox 360


G

gregorytd

I am using windows vista ultimate and I get a message error on my xbox 360.
The Xbox 360 has experienced a failure and was disconnected from the media
center based PC. Would you like to reconnect?
Vista Ultimate is installed on my laptop for work and I wanted to see how
this works but never got it connected.
I was able to determine that the cause was the Novell Client for Vista
version 1.x, it seems all versions cause this problem. Now I need the client
for work and have already filled a bug report with Novell but have not been
able to see were to report a bug with MS. I assume it is a Novell issue but I
have seen MS KB fixes for novell so wanted to report it to both sides.
This never worked with or without sp1 for vista.
Anyone else see this or have a suggestion to resolve it. Thanks

----------------
This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/co...43c&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
 
Ad

Advertisements

K

kurttrail

gregorytd said:
I am using windows vista ultimate and I get a message error on my xbox
360. The Xbox 360 has experienced a failure and was disconnected from
the media center based PC. Would you like to reconnect? Vista Ultimate
is installed on my laptop for work and I wanted to see how this works
but never got it connected. I was able to determine that the cause was
the Novell Client for Vista version 1.x, it seems all versions cause
this problem. Now I need the client for work and have already filled a
bug report with Novell but have not been able to see were to report a
bug with MS. I assume it is a Novell issue but I have seen MS KB fixes
for novell so wanted to report it to both sides. This never worked with
or without sp1 for vista. Anyone else see this or have a suggestion to
resolve it. Thanks

Use a computer that you actually own, that you don't need the Novell
Client for Vista installed.

I know I wouldn't want my employees installing non-work crap on my
computers.

--
Peace!
Kurt
Former Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"
 
B

Bill Yanaire

kurttrail said:
Use a computer that you actually own, that you don't need the Novell
Client for Vista installed.

I know I wouldn't want my employees installing non-work crap on my
computers.

Oh come on now. You have employees? They are called associates. Working
at BestBuy, I understand they are called associates. You are among the
associates. Now go put on your vest and help the walk-in customers.
 
K

kurttrail

Bill said:
Oh come on now. You have employees? They are called associates.
Working at BestBuy, I understand they are called associates. You are
among the associates. Now go put on your vest and help the walk-in
customers.

I was speaking hypothetically. But don't you agree with me? Would you
want one of your employees installing the Xbox BS on one of your
business's computers?

--
Peace!
Kurt
Former Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"
 
B

Bill Yanaire

kurttrail said:
I was speaking hypothetically. But don't you agree with me? Would you
want one of your employees installing the Xbox BS on one of your
business's computers?
No. I do agree with you. You had me scared for a minute. I thought you
had employees!
 
G

gregorytd

I am the IT department and I wanted to see if media center was worth it
before I buy vista ultimate for home use, but I can't be the only person
experiencing a problem. Plus media center xtender does not install anything
on the machine from what I understand the xbox just uses the machine as a
portal. Any in my job the there are some people who get what ever they want
installed or added and I'm forced to do so. So I'm sure this will crop up as
a problem sooner or later when someones kid uses their laptop.
I posted here for solutions not criticism. Either provide usefull feedback
or please don't bother posting.
Thank you
 
Ad

Advertisements

K

kurttrail

gregorytd said:
I posted here for solutions not criticism.

Welcome to the USENET!
Either
provide usefull feedback

What is "usefull" (sic) is highly subjective, as I believe that criticism
is useful, and you don't.
or please don't bother posting.

Sorry, but China doesn't own the USENET yet, so I'll post whenever I damn
well please.

Isn't anarchy great! (That's just a joke, NSA)
Thank you

You're very welcome. I hope you enjoyed your stay! :p

--
Peace!
Kurt
Former Self-anointed Moderator
microscum.pubic.windowsexp.gonorrhea
"Produkt-Aktivierung macht frei!"
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top