WINDOWS MAIL WILL NOT RECIEVE OR SEND

LUCKY CHARMS

IF I TRY TO USE WINDOWS MAIL, I RECIVE AN ERROR THAT TELLS ME MY HOST IMAP OR
COULD NOT BE LOCATED OR THAT MY MSOE.DLL IS CURRENTLY BEING USED BY ANOTHER
PROGRAM (WHICH, AS FAR AS I'M AWARE, ITS NOT). PLEASE HELP!

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

At least part of your problem is that your Caps Lock key is stuck. That plays
havoc with entering passwords and also reduces legibility.

"IMAP" is not a valid mail server name. You get the correct mail
server names from your mail service provider.
Do you have an existing email address? If so, what is the part of
your email address after the @ symbol? That part represents your
mail service provider.
Your mail provider will typically have a web page that shows how to
set up an email program. If you need more help, tell us the name of
your email service provider. If you currently don't have an email
address, we can help with that also.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"LUCKY CHARMS" wrote in message
IF I TRY TO USE WINDOWS MAIL, I RECIVE AN ERROR THAT TELLS ME MY HOST IMAP OR
COULD NOT BE LOCATED OR THAT MY MSOE.DLL IS CURRENTLY BEING USED BY ANOTHER
PROGRAM (WHICH, AS FAR AS I'M AWARE, ITS NOT). PLEASE HELP!

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

No, you need to restore your own settings using the settings
specified by your provider:
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/QA/email/pop_smtp_qa.html

If you get an error message after changing to those settings, post the
complete error message here.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"(e-mail address removed)" wrote in message
Can you restore .my settings?