Windows Vista Windows Live Mail

Reaction score
I need to copy my Windows Live Mail from my desktop to my laptop. Both are Windows 7 Ultimate. I tried the export function from the desktop, and when I imported on my laptop, it had moved all of the folders around, deleted messages from inside of some of the folders, really hosed it up. Then when I went back to the desktop, during the export function, it had done some of the same things there. Not a happy camper. I tried using the backup function built in to 7, and backed up the WIndows Live, Windows Live Mail, and the users/apps folder for the mail, and when I took it over to the laptop, it wouldn't import because it was a different computer. How the hell am I supposed to get the Windows Live Mail from one computer to the other?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could try copying the data directory over manually, although I'm not 100% sure if this will work (it should do though).

Copy this directory from the PC to Laptop, although just be sure you rename the target directory on the laptop first (so you have your old files, just in case):

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

Reaction score
You could try this.

Make a new folder on your desk top, open the windows mail and highlight the messages you want to copy. Drag and drop the messages into the new folder. Transfer the folder to your other computer.

Ask a Question