Windows Live Hotmail Nuisance

When I run "Windows Live Hotmail" and check my email, it automatically
launches "Windows Live Messenger" which is installed on my computer.

I can't find an option to prevent this, I'm quite capable of running
messenger when I want and its a pain that it launches automatically whenever
I go to hotmail.

I'm running Vista......

If anyone knows where the setting in hotmail or messenger is to prevent
this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Mr. Arnold

TurinShroud said:
When I run "Windows Live Hotmail" and check my email, it automatically
launches "Windows Live Messenger" which is installed on my computer.

I can't find an option to prevent this, I'm quite capable of running
messenger when I want and its a pain that it launches automatically
whenever
I go to hotmail.

I'm running Vista......

If anyone knows where the setting in hotmail or messenger is to prevent
this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

You need to post to a MS.Public.Windows.Vista NG like General or Setup. This
is a .Net programmer's NG.

Mr. Arnold

TurinShroud said:
When I run "Windows Live Hotmail" and check my email, it automatically
launches "Windows Live Messenger" which is installed on my computer.

I can't find an option to prevent this, I'm quite capable of running
messenger when I want and its a pain that it launches automatically
whenever
I go to hotmail.

I'm running Vista......

If anyone knows where the setting in hotmail or messenger is to prevent
this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Opps, do forgive me as I thought I was in a .Net programmer's NG. There are
many posts made to one NG that's not .Net related, sorry.

KristleBawl

Actually, it was posted to the "microsoft.public.windows.vista.general"
newsgroup but through the "discussions.microsoft.com" website.

Maybe MS crossposted it for you?

KB

in message

KristleBawl

No problem, if you'll forgive me for not checking for new replies before I
sent mine. <g>

KB

"Mr. Arnold" wrote in message

KristleBawl

The "Windows Live Mail Beta" program includes the ability to automatically
launch "Windows Live Messenger" automatically. I don't have it installed,
but I'm sure there must be a setting in the Option.

KB

mae

Just leave messenger running in the background.
You don't have to be signed in.
--
mae

| When I run "Windows Live Hotmail" and check my email, it automatically
| launches "Windows Live Messenger" which is installed on my computer.
|
| I can't find an option to prevent this, I'm quite capable of running
| messenger when I want and its a pain that it launches automatically
whenever
| I go to hotmail.
|
| I'm running Vista......
|
| If anyone knows where the setting in hotmail or messenger is to
prevent
| this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Just leave messenger running in the background.
You don't have to be signed in.

While that is a possibility, I'd rather not have it running and sucking up
memory at all unless I actually want to use messenger. A way to prevent it
from loading itself in the taskbar everytime I go to hotmail would still be
nice.