Windows Explorer start view

When I start Windows Explorer, it defaults to My Documents. For the last
several months it showed a '+' by My Documents and expanded the file list in
the left pane. Recently, it has decided to only show My Documents with no
'+' to expand the file list. I have to double click on one of the folders in
the right pane for Explorer to show the '+' and sub-directories. Even then,
I have to click the '+' to show all the folders in the left pane.

A small problem, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Darrell

Ayush

Control Panel > Folder Options > View tab > Enable the option "Display
Simple foldet's view in Explor...."