windows Explorer has stopped working

"Just received new desktop PC from Dell. Came with Vista Home Premium
installed. worked well for three days, Now When I log in I immediatly get
message "windows explorer has stopped working. Windows is checking for a
solution for the problem"". Then, "Windows explorer is restarting....."" It
cycles between these messages from that point on.

Ronnie Vernon MVP

I would ask Dell first, since this is a brand new system. This could be
caused by a third party application that was installed by Dell and could be
a known issue that they are already aware of.

If they can't help, you might want to use System Restore to go back to a
time before the problem started.

subhojit chatterjee

The first step is the safe mode and ty to find whether it works there or not. The second step is to do a clean boot (to go to clean boot type in msconfig at the sratup search)with selective start up and in selective start up uncheck load startup item & load system services.On the services tab click on hide all microsoft services and disable all the other items over there.
And then go to start up tab and disable all the start up items and restart the computer. If it works well then do a divide and conquer with the start up and the services items. Once found uninstall the software from the p.c.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Tom Willett

What same thing?

<diane> wrote in message | MY WINDWOS EXPLORER IS CONTINUING TO DO THE SAME THING HOW WERE YOU ABLE
TO FIX THE PROBLEM. JUST HAD MY COMPUTER FOR ONE WEEK

| EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
| http://www.eggheadcafe.com

CrimLiar

Tom Willett said:
What same thing?

<diane> wrote in message | MY WINDWOS EXPLORER IS CONTINUING TO DO THE SAME THING HOW WERE YOU ABLE
TO FIX THE PROBLEM. JUST HAD MY COMPUTER FOR ONE WEEK

| EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
| http://www.eggheadcafe.com

I'm guessing its exploring files? I use mine to do that all the time...

Crimliar (dunno if it means anything, but in EQ2 I'm a lvl70 troll!)

Richard G. Harper

Posts from EggHeadCafe are not being properly forwarded to these newsgroups,
resulting in orphaned posts such as this. I filter and kill them since they
rarely contain any useful information or questions that can be answered.

--
Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] (e-mail address removed)

I had the same problem. I have a workaround if System Restore fails to
correct this. For me, It even occured in Safe Mode.
1. Make your way to starting Internet Explorer
2. on the address bar type:"control panel"
3. go to User Accounts...-> Add User account-> Create New "Admininstrator"
Account.
4. Shut down manually if you have to and reboot and access the new Admin
account
You will now have new account with all original programs still installed and
access to old files via either:
a. Internet exporer-> Address bar-> type: C:\users\ your old user account name
b Start button-> computer-> C:\Users\ you old user account name.

* You'll find here folders which will contain you old docs, downloads, etc
from you old account.

Thanks,
spawnocula