Windows Explorer Crashes When Viewing NAS

pennhaven

I've noticed with both RC1 and RC2 that attempting to view or operate on
the directory structure on my Buffalo LinkStation NAS results in Windows
Explorer crashing. The directory tree structure on the NAS is
multi-level and it seems that Explorer can not handle drilling down more
than 2 or sometimes 3 levels.

While the LinkStation uses linux as its OS, there is absolutley no
problem using Windows XP Explorer with it. I am also able to view and
modify any directory level on the NAS using ZTreeWin (a third party file
manager) running under Viata RC2. This fatal bug appears to reside
solely within Vista Windows Explorer.

Chris Moore

I have some odd behaviour when accessing a Buffalo Terastation. I guess you
have the same issues in that it is Linux based and running Samba. I have
not had so many issues that I can recall on RC2 but earlier builds did cause
some issues with password prompts and errors running or saving files.

The Buffalo boxes have their issues, it is impossible to back them up with
Veritas Backup Exec, this is also due to the Samba implementation and that
its not pure Windows.

Frustrating!

<DIV>&quot;pennhaven&quot; &lt;[email protected]&gt; wrote in message

pennhaven

Actually the only frustration I have had with the LinkStation is trying
to access it from Vista. As I said, everything works fine with Windows XP.