Windows did not start successfully

Reaction score
Hi,

I currently having problems with my windows not starting I receive the following message:

We apologise for the inconvience but Windows did not start succussfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.
If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Last Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you arent sure what caused the problem, choose Start

Windows Normally.
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with command prompt
Last Known Good Configuration
Start Windows Normally

Any option I select goes to boot up then there is a quick flash of a blue screen and it returns to the start again to re-boot.

I don’t have an XP disk to re-boot as when I purchased my pc from PC world they never gave me one as it was already installed on my machine.

Just to note I have not added any software or hardware to the machine.

Please can someone help I’m going out my head with this problem and I don’t want it to beat me.

Robert

Ask a Question