Windows XP Windows did not find any antivirus?!

Reaction score
Heya Folk,

my computer is goin a bit messed up! If you look at the screenshot below you will be able to see why ;)

Any ideas?!

Regards, G

32695251.jpg

Reaction score
Is your Antivirus/Internt security up to date..I know sometimes if my Kaspersky isn't upto date, I get a similar sort of thing as you..Waht AV are you using..?

Reaction score
I've installed the latest updates and everything

Im using Avira,

It actually happened when i installed the new Avira 8 or something, it has had that message since even tho I have all the latest updates :s

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
roll-back to the older version ... looks like you is using Vista, is that with SP2, if so, ask Avira for the update to the update.
Nod users have a similar "problem" though not for me. ;)

:user:

Reaction score
I have no idea what SP it is, i havnt updated this computer since i've had it so im not sure if it came with it installed or not :s

Where would I check that out?! Also how do I 'roll back' an update, never done that before!

I am still protected right, it's just defender going a bit bonkers right?

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
I have no idea what SP it is, i havnt updated this computer since i've had it so im not sure if it came with it installed or not :s

Where would I check that out?! Also how do I 'roll back' an update, never done that before!

I am still protected right, it's just defender going a bit bonkers right?

Start > Control Panel > System...there it will tell you Vista build etc, and what service pack you have..SP2 was only released a few days ago, and as you haven't done updates since you got this 'puter, you won't have it..As for updates, erm you should do them at least once a week or have them set to auto, updates are there for a reason. THye keep your 'puter safe and running smoothly..I'd say until you have done all the updating from MS and done s Mucks has suggested, then i'd say no you aren't protected, if Vista is saying it can't detect an AV, i'd take their word for it...MAybe run a few different online scanners etc, just to rule out you not having any nasties on the 'puter..

Reaction score
I have service pack one, will download SP2 asap!

Madx, I do update regulary, I just am not sure how to 'roll back' to a previous version once I have!

So do you suggest I update to SP2 first and then update my Avira?

Regards
Geo

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ya do the updates then SP2 then get Antivir, V9 iirc is the latest one, you'll know it different as the splash screen is a little diferent to the old one. :)

Ask a Question