Windows already activated

mmcgrath

Mark said:
Run a Repair or 'upgrade' setup.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version
of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE
you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer:

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install:

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for Windows Antispy
"mmcgrath" (e-mail address removed) wrote in message

I keep getting this message when I start my computer that says I need
activate windows, it says click Ok to activate windows, so I click
Ok,
then it says "this program of windows is already activated, click ok
exit" so I click Ok and the computer just restarts again, and the
whole
process repeats again and again. Please help!!!!

How would I go about doing all that? I don't have the CD. I just got my
computer fixed from a virus it had. Is there anyway to do it without the
CD? I can't do anything on the computer at all. It just restarts and
restarts.

Mark L. Ferguson

Any legal Preinstalled version of XP must have a way to Recover the system. It's a 'windows logo' requirement. Determine what you
have purchased for that.