Windows 7 Volume Corruption 22 september 2011

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fed up with windows and it's shitty
software.

What this translates to is that you are really inept at operating a PC
in any other capacity than that of a petty little adolescent web browser
bitch. And even that is a stretch.

Stop blaming MS for YOUR **** ups.

Glenn Gundlach

Now I burned knoppix with Windows 7's burning tool.. and right before I
clicked the X I noticed text in it's gui.

I think the burn failed... but now I can't be sure cause windows 7 didn't
store a log file of the burning or verification.

I also just used daemon tools and while typing a pop-up came and I typed it
away somehow so now I can go restart again !

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fed up with windows and it's shitty
software.

And the worst is: I had a nice installation on windows xp... nero... but now
that don't work anymore...

So fed up with this bullshit.

Windows is a HUGE WASTE OF TIME.

Only thing which saved it's faith is memory occuption... so I had to
reinstall anyway... otherwise me fed up with if for real.

Bye,
  Skybuck.

Your machine is getting old enough to have bad capacitors on the MOBO
causing hardware errors. In that case NO OS would function . Do you
have the inverse Midas touch in general or just with your PCs?

Skybuck Flying

This seems like the most logical solution, however I am not sure if bcdboot
is available from the ****ing DVD... I don't think so...

I already tried to run bcdboot from the DVD but I think it wasn't available.

Fortunately I am now inside Windows 7 itself so it's possible for me to run
BCDBOOT !

And I just did:

"
C:\Windows\system32>bcdboot

Bcdboot - Bcd boot file creation and repair tool.

The bcdboot.exe command-line tool is used to copy critical boot files to the
system partition and to create a new system BCD store.

bcdboot <source> [/l <locale>] [/s <volume-letter>] [/v]
[/m [{OS Loader ID}]]

source Specifies the location of the windows system root.

/l Specifies an optional locale parameter to use when
initializing the BCD store. The default is US English.

/s Specifies an optional volume letter parameter to
designate
the target system partition where boot environment files
are

copied. The default is the system partition identified
by
the firmware.

/v Enables verbose mode.

/m If an OS loader GUID is provided, this option merges the
given loader object with the system template to produce
bootable entry. Otherwise, only global objects are
merged.

Examples: bcdboot c:\windows /l en-us
bcdboot c:\windows /s h:
bcdboot c:\windows /m {d58d10c6-df53-11dc-878f-00064f4f4e08}

C:\Windows\system32>bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:
Boot files successfully created.

C:\Windows\system32>
"

I shall now proceed with making the C partition active and disconnect other
old drives which are to be considered unreliable in the future.

And then I will report back if my system can now finally boot successfully
into Windows 7 without requireing the old drives ?!

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

SUCCESS !!

This one little command has averted/prevented dissaster:

bcdboot C:\Windows /s C:

The new harddisks containing windows 7 can now boot without the old
harddisks !

Thank god !

This one little command save the day ! ;) =D

Microsoft has re-deemed itself a little bit....

I shall continue using Microsoft software for now ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

However not all is well,

After doing this Windows 7 says it's not genuine ?!

I might have to re-apply a crack ?!? HUH ?! ;) =D LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

Ok, the crack is still working it's nice.

It's kinda amazing cause it probably has certificates as well, so the whole
certificate idea don't work :p*

Windows 7 now nicely boots from it's own disk.

Doing this also solved a little boot issue, I got a boot menu previously
because I tried to add boot options for booting from vhd... but that never
worked... that's now nicely gone...

So now I can turn on my computer and it will directly boot into windows 7...
so no more waiting for error messages.

However the error message at boot also had an adventage... if my system ever
crashed or resetted itself at night I would be able to tell because of the
boot screen halting the boot process !

So point being: "automatic boot" is a bit dangerous ! ;) :)

But so far I am going to like it... it does save me from having to baby sit
the boot process and press enter all the time ! ;) =D

Now I shall have to transfer a lot of usefull files from my old drives, like
music...

I really should copy those to a VHD or so... so I can always have them with
me... but it will probably be gigabytes ! ;)

It's amazing how many files are still on old drives...

For now I will continue using old drives, since I am too lazy to reinstall
everything again... bleh ! ;) :)

Another option might be to clone the disks into vhd's... the first old one
has already a clone...

Maybe I will clone the second one as well...

I think that will probably be the smartest ! ;) :)

Though I also want a duplicate of the music so I can transfer just that ! ;)

Also some weird has happened to drive order:

New Drive C is still C
New Drive F is still F

But the other two got swapped: to D (data) and E (system).

While this is not a problem I was used a bit to D(system)...
I am not sure why it's swapped it's a bit odd... I tried to swap it in bios
but seemed to have no effect.

I suspect the disk order in Asrock bios must be interleaved with the new
disks.... maybe that will straighten it out...

But for now I am going to let it be... usually I want to access data anyway
so this new order might actually be more nice ! ;) =D

So many old tools on that old disk... gjez ! LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

"Paul" wrote in message
Skybuck said:
So point being: "automatic boot" is a bit dangerous ! ;) :)

"
You can turn that off. So that if it crashes, it doesn't
try to boot.

Remove the tick from the box in this image.

http://www.zhacks.com/images/disable-auto-restart-crash.png

Paul
"

Yeah I knew windows has this somewhere, just to lazy to try and
find/configure it... but I just did and here is how:

"
Here's How:

Click on the Start button and then on Control Panel.

Tip: In a hurry? Type system in the search box after clicking Start. Choose
System under the Control Panel heading in the list of results and then skip
to Step 4.

Click on the System and Security link.

Note: If you're viewing the Small icons or Large icons view of Control
Panel, you won't see this link. Simply double-click on the System icon and
proceed to Step 4.

Click on the System link.

In the task pane on the left, click the Advanced system settings link.

Locate the Startup and Recovery section near the bottom of the window and
click on the Settings button.

In the Startup and Recovery window, locate and uncheck the check box next to
Automatically restart.

Click OK in the Startup and Recovery window.

Click OK in the System Properties window.

You can now close the System window.

From now on, when a problem causes a BSOD or another major error that halts
the system, Windows 7 will not force a reboot. You'll have to reboot
manually when an error appears

"

So thanks again Paul, you a usefull little fella ! ;)

I do hope this disablement won't have any side effects, like 100% cpu usage
during blue screen or something... but it will probably be ok ;)

Though your tip might help to detect problems... there is ofcourse also the
possibility of secret updates, or secret intrusions...

And then this option still won't protect/detect that.

So the boot error would still be usefull to detect hackers ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

deepu

Your machine is getting old enough to have bad capacitors on the MOBO
causing hardware errors. In that case NO OS would function . Do you
have the inverse Midas touch in general or just with your PCs?

just get your own website at very low prices go to

http://www.confianza.co.in and give your requirements we will contact
you.