Windows 7 windows 7 nvidia bsod nvlddmkm.sys

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
are you dual-booting XP & Win7 ?

if so, why?

:user:

Yea i was. Well the story is, at first it was a XP machine. Loved Win7 but my first run was 64bit and my 2gb limit held it back and WinXP felt faster. Then i tried 32 bit Win7, but didn't wanna lose what i had setup in WinXP, i just wanted to test it. It was fast but i had horrible gaming lag that i couldnt nail down at first. Long story short i got it ironed out and slowly moved to my Win7 install. But not before it got hosed and i realized having a dual boot system ca make things just a bit easier in that situation. But at this point i realize that a lve linux cd will do just as good, so im gonna go that route. I been meaning to blow out XP, this just was the reason i needed.'

On a final side note. i had another computer i was working on for a friend, i took the card and put it in there as the primary display and im still getting those lines like i posted a bit back, i didn't let it BSOD cause its not my PC and i think i have had enough BSOD issues in the last few days with my own PC. So at this point it has to be the card right ? I cant think of a way to fix or reset anything, i didn't find anything about it in google, so this all had to kill the card right ? Maybe it was all a coincidence or the rebooting so much was the final straw on a dieting card ?

If no one has a idea ill probably by a friends 9800 he said he would sell me for 60 bucks. Seems like a fair price and a fair increase ein gaming power too. Looking around i ihave learned just how far behind this 7900 is anyway. Just a shame to have spend money right now. Oh well.

Well either way, thanks so much to all. I have leanred a lot. Some i new and forgot, but some things i didn't. Like i never knew you could clear the CMOS when things get weird or that driver sweeper is legit, or the importance of a memory dump.

Makes me miss working with this stuff. Was so much fun.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... i took the card and put it in there as the primary display and im still getting those lines ...
That can be one of two things, the video card in nucking fackard, or, bad/faulty drivers. ;)

Most people do not know that Win 7 can make a system repair disk in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee ... especially useful for them people who got conned with no Win7 DVD.

There is also startup repair in Win7 ... on the hard drive :D

XP's options are usually, re-install every six months. ;)

I have a 9800 in my system, nice card, can actually "play" my particular poison ... LoTRO :D

:user:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
That can be one of two things, the video card in nucking fackard, or, bad/faulty drivers. ;)

Most people do not know that Win 7 can make a system repair disk in less time than it takes to make a cup of coffee ... especially useful for them people who got conned with no Win7 DVD.

There is also startup repair in Win7 ... on the hard drive :D

XP's options are usually, re-install every six months. ;)

I have a 9800 in my system, nice card, can actually "play" my particular poison ... LoTRO :D

user.gif

YEa, i should learn it just to know it. I work in the IT field, but i guess im a old foggy. After about 6 months i really get the itch to reload everything. I swear i can feel it slowing down after about 3 or 4 months. But maybe its in my head, OCD for reloading PC's or something lol.

Hey, that 9800 is looking ok inthe reviews. I been tinkering with the LoTR F2P and i dable in WoW, very lightly and STO while im waiting for SWTOR. How good is "play". Is that a , it barely plays it kind of " play " or it runs it good. What resolution and quality you run ?

If its solid, i can get it by tomarrow morning and considering this all started cause i wanted my games to run right, im dieing to get back on the horse. I watch the totally rad show ( you might like it ) and they just reviewed Civ5. I just had SC2 be the first RTS i got since Dark Reign and the praise Civ5 is getting is making me want to check it out.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
LoTRO;

We here in the UK (Europe) under Conmasters, spelling is correct, do not yet have F2P, however, I have a monthly sub so not too worried about the delay, can still play. I think I'll keep it going for some time yet.

I consider my 9800GT a good investment as yes, I certainly seen a big difference in not only game play, but oh them graphics are really fantastic, and, good FPS ... :nod:

Never seen WoW, not really interested, did play Guild Wars, got burnt out on that, is always something new in LoTRO.

:D

Ask a Question