Windows 7: best firewall and best antivirus and best anti-spamsoftware is/are?

RayLopez99

"RayLopez99" asked:

Which raises the question how they would limit the packet throughput
(done through hardware or sofftware or probably both?), and for
academic purposes which layer in the OSI model this is.

RL

I'm using Google Groups via a web browser. Not sure if I can do
anything on my end.
As for the ADSL speed for ISPs competing with the Incumbent
Local Exchange Carrier (ILEC), that used to be the case here in
the U.S. about 10 years ago.  It was usually due to the ILEC
saving its provisioned lines for its own ADSL customers.  I
experienced that directly.  The ILEC was GTE, and the ISP was
Earthlink.  When I had my line provisioned for GTE, I got their
maximum speed for the distance that I was from their switching
facility.  But when I switched ISPs before the account was finalized,
lo and behold, the maximum line speed that the technician could
manage to get dropped.  He even showed me the noise level on his
equipment and sure enough, it didn't allow a reliable connection
unless they dropped the speed.  Apparently, when I cancelled my
account, they reassigned my provisioned line to another customer,
and I had to make do with a regular (non-provisioned) voice line.  I
reported this all to Earthlink, and one of its lawyers called me back
for the details because they were preparing a court case against
GTE about it.  That practice was illegal, but it was common in the
early days of DSL.

*TimDaniels*

That's very interesting. I bet the same thing is going on here.

RL

Mike Easter

Timothy said:
"RayLopez99" asked:

Which raises the question how they would limit the packet throughput
(done through hardware or sofftware or probably both?), and for
academic purposes which layer in the OSI model this is.

RL

There is nothing wrong with the googlegroups posts that would prevent
your OE from creating the proper cite marks > in reply.

In fact, until this message, your OE was performing just fine. See this
recent message in this thread in which you replied to RL.

or
http://peek.snipr.com/1186yh

From: "Timothy Daniels"
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 11:33:19 -0700

However, RL's choice of GG to read and post to usenet groups is a
terrible choice compared to using a news server and news reader. There
are almost no problems with using nntp that can't be overcome in one way
or another. If an employer doesn't want their hardware and software and
connectivity used to connect to newsgroups, then that discussion is
another different moral and ethical issue.