Windows 7 and NVidia cards BSOD

Gregg Hill

Hello!

I have Googled for hours and not found a solution yet. I am posting here
because there is no official Windows 7 newsgroup yet that can be read with
good Ol' Outlook Express, and because the problem seems to happen with Vista
users as well.

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit from my TechNet subscription.
I have an Intel D975XBX2 motherboard, 4GB memory, and two eVGA GeForce 7600
GT video cards running four LCD displays.

My computer will consistently BSOD after trying to wake up from sleep mode,
and always gets a STOP 0x00000116 on nvlddmkm.sys file. I have tried the
190.38 and 190.62 drivers to no avail.

None of the "fixes" I have read about on Google searches makes any
difference.

How can I stop the BSOD.

My computer runs fine on XP Pro SP3 (dual boot).

Thank you!

Gregg Hill

--
Gregg's pet peeves:

First of all, what does a peeve look like, and why would anyone want one as
a pet?

Peeve #1: Apostrophes: when in doubt, leave them out! You will be correct
more often than not.

Its = Belonging to it. For example, "Look at the sky. Its color is blue."
It's = It is. For example, "It's hot today."
It's = It has. For example, "It's been nice talking to you."
Its' = completely incorrect usage. Stop it!

Peeve #2: Your vs. You're
"Your" means belonging to you, as in, "It's your truck."
"You're" means "You are." Example, you're probably about ready to throttle
me for this peeve!

mikeyhsd

there was recent nvidia driver update , like in last 5 days.
be sure you have the latest.

(e-mail address removed)

"Gregg Hill" <greggmhill at please do not spam me at yahoo dot com> wrote in message Hello!

[...]

Thank you both for responding. It looks as though I'll have to wait longer.

Version: 190.62 WHQL
Release Date: 2009.08.21
Operating System: Windows Vista 64-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
Language: English (U.S.)
File Size: 120 MB

That is the driver I have running.

Gregg

[...]

Bill Yanaire, ESQ

JewBoy said:
when you say BSOD, does that mean Bestiality Sex OverDose?

It means that you are a mental retard. A mental retard who can't fix his clock.

Gregg Hill

Time to make room to call tech support. Still get BSOD on 191.07 drivers released today.

Gregg