Windows XP Windows 2003 Server R2 Default Printer Issue

Reaction score
Sorry,

I did'nt know where to put this, but i run an enviroment with a W2k3 server and several WinXP clients. I have a script that auto maps the printers to each user of the individual PCs that are hosted on the server itself.

Also, on the server, i have a fax application that uses a faxprinter that can be found under "Printers and Faxes" on the server.

The issue i have, is that the fax software requires that the faxprinter be the default printer on the server itself, but even after setting it locally and remotely through TS, it still randomly selects on of the network printers it is hosting as the default printer. You can change it back, but after an a few minutes, a few hours, a few days...it just automatically resets the printer to whatever it wants, rather than staying on the faxprinter.

Is there some way I can statically set the fax printer to remain the default printer no matter who RDPs into it via the registry?

Ask a Question