Windows 2003 Prescriptive Guidance Question

There is no dedicated Windows 2003 Security newsgroup so I will post in here. I recently utilized the MS Prescriptive Guidance for Windows 2003 (member server baseline) to harden a server. One of the recommended setting was to enable in the security policy Interactive Logon: Do Not Display Last User Name. This works fine for console logons but via a terminal services session does not appear to work properly

Is this specific to the Terminal Services client software I am using or intentional by design

Thanks

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

What kind of client are you TS-ing from? It is possible with the latest TS
client tool to have it remember your last logon or to send specific logon
information. This is a client side config and not a server side. A good
test would be to successfuly TS with one user account then go to another
machine and see if it gets the prompt and shows the last logged on user or
not.
--
Curtis Koenig
Support Engineer

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!