Windows 2003 NTFRS sysvol & netlogon

Slimo

Hi,

I have a domain with 9 DCs. File replication was working fine between them.
I promoted 2 new DCs. They are not able to get all the content in Sysvol
replicated. Let's say that 80% is replicated. Since 2 days the replication
is not yet finished and the problem is that NTFRS is not sharing sysvol and
netlogon. Thus these 2 new DCs cannot authenticate users.

thanks for your help

Slimo

I am busy with this issue since 3 days and I read a lot of articles
regarding FRS. AD replication is just working fine (repadmin /showreps gives
no error). Creating objets on the new DCs are replicating fine to other DCs.

Regarding sysvol replication, it starting (replicating about 80% of the GPOs
files and then it stops). Trying to stop/start ntfrs did not solve.

I tried to set D2 value for BurFlags, same issue: start replicating and then
stop without finishing).

Thanks for your help

Slimo

Did someone tried authorative restore (D4) on a domain containing several
DCs (11)? What was the result?

Jmnts

What tool are you using to moniotring frs? Sonar, ntfrsutl, eventvwr, etc
What event errors do you see in eventvwr.

check:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/pr...irectory/maintain/opsguide/part1/adogd11.mspx

--
Best Regards
Systems Administrator

Slimo said:
Did someone tried authorative restore (D4) on a domain containing several
DCs (11)? What was the result?

"Danilo Bordini [MSFT]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Try follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257338/en-us.
Sometimes, due problems during replication, the shares are not created.
In
fact, one of last minor replication is the creation and start up of those
shared folders.
--
Danilo Bordini
http://blogs.technet.com/dbordini

Esta mensagem é fornecida "como apresentada" sem garantias ou cessão de
quaisquer direitos.

Slimo

the issue is solved. There was a sharing violation (1 file) and the system
could not replicate the entire sysvol. I killed that file, did a D2 and now
sysvol and netlogn are shared.

I used UltraSound

: